Well Google definitely gained a lot from Chrome but what it lost because of it…
The answer is Our trust. Most of us considered Google as a faithful contributor in the web world but this step by Google to launch its browser named Chrome is a real shaker. It can be considered as a step taken to establish the monopoly on the web. Firefox loaded with addons already fullfills our 70% needs. Launching a browser that targets the remaining 30% needs and fullfills only some of them is not a clever step.
There are few things that this new browse offers. Every tab having its own process which can be controlled through task manager. Another of the feature is its sleekness which I appreciate in all Google products. But if not all most of these things can be achieved with Firefox.
Well what is done can not be undone so lets hope that Chrome brings a positive competition in browser market and we will see a lot of new features in browser shortly.
[PS] After a lot of criticism in the comments, I thought I should clarify some of my points. First of all nothing can be perfect so we should just pay heed to all sides of the scenario. Secondly it takes time for any software to become excellent. Chrome has to have some drawbacks at this point of time. So let the time decide.